Board Membership Opportunities
Counseling4Kids is currently seeking board members with skills and experience in marketing, finance, technology, legal, and human resource management. Ideally candidates will have experience with and a passion for conflict resolution, peacemaking, facilitation or mediation. Past board experience or experience with not profit social service sector is also a plus. Above everything else the board values diversity. We are looking for talented, passionate individuals who will support Counseling4Kids through leadership, social networking, fundraising, community outreach, and organizational leadership. In particular, we are looking for individuals with expertise in marketing, nonprofit management, fundraising and resource development, finance, legal issues and Human Resources.
Focus – Making a difference in the lives of at-risk children and providing therapy to as many children in foster care.
- Create funding opportunity to help children in foster care
- Develop Transparent and Accountable Relationships
- Build Capacity
- Promote awareness of children in foster care
- Promote the mission of the agency
- Attend board meetings – monthly, third Monday, 6 - 9 p.m.
- Serve on two Board committees
- Promote the agency within the community
- Participate/lead special projects
- Spread the word
- Donate – whatever amount you can
- Assist with securing financial resources for the organization
- Time commitment is typically between 5-10 hours per month
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of at-risk children and being part of a team of dynamic, committed professionals, please contact (818) 441-7800 with any questions.